Sunday 22 June 2014

A trip to Gunwharf Quays...


Hi! Todays post features a little selection of items I purchased in Gunwharf this week - technically in two separate trips but we'll overlook that little fact. So, Gunwharf Quays is a really great place for lunching and shopping, especially in the current climate. This mostly outdoor shopping centre contains outlet stores from some of the most popular stores in the UK from Cath Kidston to Swarovski.

As my last two posts have been beauty orientated I thought Id start with the non-beauty items I acquired. Now I'm not usually a big trainer wearer, you're more likely to find me sporting pumps or sandals, but these pastel green 'Authentic Shoes' from the Vans Outlet I was practically drooling over. I absolutely love the mint shade and think these would look great with anything from denim shorts to sun dresses. Plus, at £31.00 in the sale I just couldn't resist. (also, in store if you buy two pairs of sale shoes, you get the cheapest half price - unfortunately not something they offer online) but if you don't live too far from portsmouth it may well be worth a little visit.
Check out the sale here for yourselves.


The second of my non-beauty offerings is a the most adorable little bento box from Cath Kidston. I thought this would be ideal for lunches at work and university. It's the perfect size for handbags and just £4.50 - unfortunately I couldn't find this on their online site but there are some full price alternatives here.


Possibly my favourite shop in Gunwharf is the Cosmetics Company Store, not really surprising as it's actually part of the Estee Lauder group. This incredible outlet offers products from most of the company's sub-brand's including MAC, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Origins and Bumble &Bumble. I first tried the Estee Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme (£40.00) as a trial sample size a number of months ago and almost instantly fell in love. I used this religiously everyday for about 2 weeks and the difference it made in the texture of my skin was phenomenal, so much smoother, brighter and generally healthier looking. The scent also is really refreshing and the fact that it gives me some SPF protection throughout the day is fantastic. I managed to pick this up for just £30 which is a whole £10 cheaper than the counter price, so I was pretty chuffed to say the least! I was also pleasantly surprised to find a teeny sample of the Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator tucked inside (£43.00/£65.00).

Finally, the Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skinscent 100ml (£47.00) is actually an item I still have at least 50% remaining of. But again, the Cosmetics Company Store were selling this for an incredible £33.75, which is a fantastic reduction of over £10. This is probably my all time favourite perfume, it has such a warm, summery scent that when I saw it standing proud on the first set of shelves, I just had to stock up!

So that rounds up my little spending spree from my trip to Gunwharf Quays this week, I hope you've enjoyed the warm weather as much as I have and would love to hear where you've been spending you're hard earned cash :)

Lottie
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig